If you change your Gmail account password regularly, it keeps your account secure from hackers and also keeps your mails and other information safe. Remember that when you change your Gmail password, you have to sign up with a new password when using any Google product like Google Photos, Google Maps, YouTube, etc. You can do this on the computer, iOS devices and Android phones.
In case you don’t remember your password then use Google reset form so that you can get your new Gmail password.
Go through the given methods to change your Gmail password:
- Through the Gmail application on an Android
- Go through on your Android gadget or tablet.
It resembles the red and white envelope icon which will you find on the home display or in the application drawer.
- Click on the three line menu.
You will get this on the left side of the display. A menu list will appear.
- Go down and press Settings.
It is located at the end of the menu list.
- Choose your Gmail account.
Click the account for which you like to change your password.
- Press Manage your Google Account.
You will get this at the top of the screen under the “Account” header column. It will show your Google Account settings.
- Move left to the Security button.
In case you are not able to find it, click the three-line icon at the right side, after that press Security.
- Go down and click Password.
It is located under the “Logging into Google” header column.
- Type your new password and then press Next.
It will open your “Password” window.
- Enter your new password into the column given on the top.
Ensure your password should be of 8 characters, containing letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Click Change Password. It resembles a blue tab at the end of the window.
Your Gmail password is changed now.
- With the Gmail application on the iOS device
- Go to Gmail.
It is a red and white color envelope icon and you will get this on the home display.
- In case you forget your password, click on reset your password option.
- Press the three line icon.
You will find this on the left side of the display. A menu list will appear.
- Move down and click Settings.
You will get this at the end of the window.
- Select your account.
Press the account you wish to use for changing your password.
- Click Manage your Google Account.
It is located at the top of the window.
- Press Sign in and security.
You will find this at the top of the screen.
- Click Password.
It is the first option in the menu list. It will open your login page.
- Type your current password and press Sign in.
It resembles a blue tab at the end of the display. It will open a “Password” page.
- Write your new password two times.
Enter your new password into the “New password” section, after that re-write it in the “Confirm new password” column.
- Click Change Password.
It is a blue tab at the end of the screen. Doing this step will change your password.