The Google Home is a smart speaker that flaunts Google Assistant. It enables users to control connected devices, play songs, answer and place calls, make shopping lists, etc. You merely have to command Google Assistant to perform a task. Let’s see how to place calls using Google Home smart speaker.
Set the Assistant Language
- Launch the Google Home application on your phone or tab.
- Now, open the menu by tapping on the hamburger icon present in the top right corner of the screen.
- Make sure that the account that is displayed is the same as the account linked to the Google Home device. Or else, change the account.
- Now, choose More settings from the list of options.
- Go to Devices and select your Google Home.
- Now, select Assistant language.
- Choose the language.
Enable Personal Results
If you want to access the contacts using Google Home, then you need to turn on the Personal results. Here’s how:
- Launch the Google Home application from your phone or tab.
- Now, tap on the hamburger icon present at the top left edge of the screen.
- If the account displayed is different from the one linked to the Google Home device, then change it.
- Tap on More Settings.
- Navigate to Devices.
- Tap on your Google Home device.
- Turn on the bar next to Personal results.
Read More>> How to Delete Safari Browsing History in iPhone
Sync the Device Contacts
- Launch the Google application on your device.
- Now, open the menu by tapping on the hamburger button located in the top left edge of the screen.
- Choose Settings from the list.
- Now, scroll to Search and select Accounts and Privacy.
- Select Google activity controls.
- Tap on the Device information.
- Turn it on.
- When prompted, tap on the Turn On button.
- Now, the contacts will get synchronized with the Google Account, and hence to the Google Home smart speaker as well.
- Launch the Google Assistant app.
- Connect the app with the Google Home device.
- Allow all permissions.
- The contacts will get synchronized to the Google Home speaker.
- You can easily place calls by commanding Google Assistant. To activate the Assistant, first, you need to say “Hey Google.”
- Just command Assistant to call any contact. Activate the Assistant and say, Call Joseph.
- If you want to call any specific business, then just say Call XYZ where XYZ is the company’s name.
- Do you want to order some food but do know have the number of the nearest Domino’s outlet? Well, you can ask Google Assistant, “What is the nearest Dominos?”
- Well, you can also ask Google Assistant to call a phone number. Just speak out the phone number, and your call will get placed.
- Do you wish to speak to someone you just talked to? Well, just ask Google Assistant to redial, and the last person you called will receive another call from you.
If you wish to hang up the call, you can just tap the head of the smart speaker. Or else, just ask Google Assistant to stop, hang up, disconnect, or end call.
Marshall Lyne is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry from last 10 year. As a technical expert, he has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup .