iOS 12 comes with several added features and tools for the Messages app. One of the significant enhancements include the new camera Effects in Message app. This feature enables users to incorporate several amazing customizations to pictures and videos using the camera within the Messages app. Let’s go through the step-by-step guide for using the new camera effects for Messages app.
How to access the Effects Camera?
The new Effects camera is present in the Messages application. Here is how you can find and use it:
- Tap on the Messages app to launch it.
- After that, select any conversation thread or make a new one.
- Press the Camera button located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now, ensure that the mode is either regular Photo or Video.
- Now, in order to add the Effects, press the tiny star circular button located at the bottom left-hand corner.
Read More>> Complete Guide to Placing Calls With Google Home
iOS 12 comes with an array of photo editing tools. These tools are present in a row present at the top of the camera shutter. Here are the options that are available:
- Animoji or Memoji
Animojis and Memojis
If you select Animoji/Memoji filter, then you can choose any available Animoji or a Memoji that you made earlier. This selected Animoji or Memoji will get inserted over the person’s face when they use the front cam of their iPhone. Their iPhone should have a TrueDepth camera.
Users can choose from several filters. These can be applied to pictures as well as videos. These features include Ink, Watercolor, Comic Book, Dramatic, Vivid, etc. These fifteen available features are novel. In order to get access to Filters, just tap on the red, blue and green dots icon.
You can add text to your images and videos. To do this, just tap on the Aa icon. After that, you can choose from several text designs. You can italicize, bold, or use regular text. You can also select the text box type and color. For example, you can select a heart-shaped or a circular text box. Just key in the text, and drag and drop it wherever you want it to be in the photo or video. You can also alter the text size.
Using Shapes, users can add a couple of stock shapes to their photos and videos. Just tap on the crimson-colored scribble option to open Shapes. These shapes are vibrant, animated, and visually appealing. If you want to jazz up your photo, then feel free to add shapes to it. Just drag and drop the selected shapes and you are done.
Sticker packs need to be downloaded by the user. One can add stickers on any image or video. By pinching the sticker, users can resize it. Here is how you can download sticker packs for Effects camera:
- Launch the Messages application.
- Now, hit the grey colored App Store button to ensure that the app drawer stays open.
- Do not close the app drawer.
- Hit the azure colored App Store icon in order to launch the Apple App Store.
- Now, go through the sticker packs and download the ones you want.