No one can deny the capability of Cortana in completing the tasks in Windows 10. The Artificial Assistant works as a personal assistant to save the time of the user as it can work on the commands of the user. But the Windows 10 users, especially the Cortana users reported that they could not hear anything from Cortana. This might be a hard scenario to complete a task within seconds; thus the no sound error in Cortana must be fixed in Windows 10 computers.
Here are some methods to solve no sound error in Cortana
A bug or any modifications in the settings might have created the problem in Cortana which is resulting in the no sound error in Cortana. If you stuck in this situation, then Cortana settings must be set on default so that the process of reset can eliminate the error. But with this methods, Cortana will forget every changes and modification in its settings. It will work on its default settings like the new Windows 10.
- Open Cortana in your Windows 10 system.
- Now click the button to disable Cortana in your computer.
- A message will display on the screen. The message must be saying that disabled Cortana will clear every knowledge about the system but won’t delete anything from Notebook.
- Now restart your computer and try enabling Cortana.
- In this way, Cortana will work on its default settings, treating the Windows as freshly installed.
Remove Hidden Sound Drivers
- Press Windows key + S. It will open the Windows Search tools.
- Now, type Command Prompt.
- Right click on the Command Prompt to open a menu list.
- Click Run as Administrator from the menu.
- Type the command – set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 cd %SystemRoot% System 32 start devmgmt.msc
- Now press Enter to execute the command.
- The Device Manager will open.
- Click the View tab.
- Now click Show Hidden Devices.
- Click to expand the Sound, Video and Game Controllers contents.
- Find and right click on the grayed-out drivers.
- Choose Uninstall Device.
- When prompted, click Uninstall to confirm.
- In the same way, you will be able to Uninstall the hidden sound device.
Clear Third party applications Startup
The third party in the Startup menu can be the obstruction for Cortana. Hence fixing the no sound in Cortana error can be solved by disabling the third party application from the startup menu.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combination.
- It will open the Task Manager.
- Find the Startup tab and navigate to Realtek HD Audio Manager and HD Audio Background Process.
- Once you find them, right-click to select Disable from the menu.
- As the third party software is disabled from Startup, restart your computer now.
Cortana is a well designed personal assistance from Microsoft Corporation, but the no sound in Cortana is surely a headache. But the methods mentioned above have worked to fix the Cortana sound problem. Now you can enjoy taking assistance from Cortana to complete the task.
Marshall Lyne is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry from last 10 year. As a technical expert, he has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup .