If you do not know how to install Kodi update on your Windows device, then do not fret. The procedure to update to Kodi Krypton is quite easy. If you have a Windows PC, then you can update Kodi from either the Kodi Installer or the Microsoft Store. In this blog, we will go through the process of updating Kodi on the Windows platform.
Kodi 17.6, also dubbed Krypton, is the most popular Kodi version. Installing upgrades is a good practice. Users can upgrade to Kodi Leia version 18, which is the latest available version. Unfortunately, Kodi is not equipped with the automated update functionality. Therefore, it doesn’t have any inbuilt function to update automatically. It is essential to update Kodi because it will not only help in fixing crashes and possible connection issues, but will also result in an addition of features, tools, and functionalities for better user experience.
Read More >> How to Fix a Frozen Windows10 Start Screen?
Steps to Upgrade Kodi Using the Microsoft Store – for Windows
If you have a Microsoft Account and have access to the Microsoft Store, then you can easily upgrade to the latest version of Kodi. The steps below will explain how to do so:
- On the top-left corner of Kodi, find the power button. Click on Exit to stop the Kodi application from running.
- In the bottom-left corner of your Windows home screen, enter ‘Store’ in the search bar present on the taskbar. On older versions of Windows, the search bar will be available on clicking on the Windows logo. Alternatively, you may press the Win + S keys in order to access the search bar directly.
- A shopping bag depicts the Microsoft Store with the Windows logo printed on the outside. Click on Microsoft Store to open it.
- In the search bar of the Microsoft Store, enter ‘Kodi’ and allow the list of results to load.
- The official Kodi application has the icon of a blue diamond and will feature on the top of the list. Click on it.
- If your Kodi application is not updated, you can see an “Update” button on the top of the page, next to the Kodi logo. Clicking on “Update” will update it to the latest version.
- If your Kodi application is up to date, then instead of the “Update” button, you will see a “Launch” button.